Feature Image; Photographer Mazen Abusrour/Makeup&Hair Sarah Damichi
Skin Highlighters and Illuminators are always a staple in my personal routine and in my professional makeup kit. They give the skin such an amazing radiant glow. Skin looks younger and healthier when applied in the right way with the correct formula.
I personally love the cream/liquid formulas as they give more of a natural second skin look, however, the finely milled powder highlighters can also be beautiful and are necessary sometimes for those hot humid days or those with really oily skin when you need more longevity like a wedding. Sometimes I use both for different reasons. The above picture I used Becca shimmering skin Perfector mixed in with foundation as well as on targeted areas- Eyelids, cupids bow, top of cheekbones, the tip of the nose and also the bridge of the nose between the eyes. Here are my top picks for both cream/liquid and powder formulas
Glowing perfected skin is definitely what this product achieves. I have tried many liquid illuminators on the market and never has one matched or outdone this beautiful natural effortless finish from Becca. It gives the most gorgeous elegant dewy high shine finish to the skin with no chunky shimmer or glitter in sight. This is what I use on my skin and in my professional makeup kit.
- Creme/liquid Formula
- Perfect for all ages and especially for dry mature skin
- If you have oily skin this is great to use on highpoints only
- 7 shades (opal, moonstone, pearl, Topaz, champagne, Rose gold, Topaz)
- Contains antioxidants A, B, D, E
- Can Mix with foundation, wear alone or add to targeted high points of the face such as cheekbones, bridge of the nose, eyes and cupids bow. Tip- I sometimes use a few different shades for different areas… Eg..Golden or Rose gold on eyelids and a lighter to medium shade like a Pearl, Moonstone or Opal on high points (depending on the skin tone)
If you prefer a pressed Highlighter, Becca also does one of the best as it’s a creamy powder finish blending into the skin looking more seamless. I use this to highlight high points on the face and decolletage.
- Has a silky finish without caking
- Great for younger/oily skin
- Longer wearing and great for weddings
- 8 shades
- Use on high points of face
- ultra fine luminescent pearls
In this image below you can see the highlighted effect i gained using the Becca pressed highlighter
This is another beautiful powder highlighter I use in my kit.
- Great for longevity like a wedding or for younger skin 20+-30+
- concentrated pigments
- Beautiful Packaging
- comes in 2 shades #2 (fair to medium skin tone) and #4 (Warm to darker skin tone)
This illuminator does so much more than just Highlight the skin. It can be used alone for the amazing dewy finish with Anti ageing skincare properties. It can be used under foundation as a primer for the longevity of makeup, or it can be used on highpoints to give glow in desired areas. It can also be applied for all the above reasons all together which is the way I use it on myself. Is a triple threat and great for all ages.
This cream highlighter instantly boosts skins radiance. Used more alone or under makeup.
- Skin Illuminator
- cream texture
- Hydrating and nutrient rich
- Brightens the skin with iridescent particles
- great for all ages
- use alone or under foundation
- 3 shades (gold light, pink light, peach light)